The Canadian leader in MRI and biomedical equipment implementation
SDI Canada is the Canadian leader in the implementation of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and biomedical equipment, including modular and custom shielding solutions. We also design and build medical infrastructure as well as distribute specialized accessories.
A unique journey
SDI Canada’s track record is impressive, and our accomplishments speak for themselves. It is thanks to our team’s expertise, the quality of the solutions we deliver, and the flexibility of our approach that we have been able to carve out an enviable reputation in our industry.
Many of our projects have been carried out in Canada. However, we have also done extensive work in the United States, Europe and Asia.
to 2012 Our beginnings
- 2003: SDI Canada was founded, a division of SDI USA.
- 2005: Delivery of the largest MRI shielding project in Canada at the University Health Network in Toronto.
- 2005: The first MRI room project was completed abroad in Dubaï.
- 2006: The first turnkey MRI project at the Ville-Marie medical clinic in Montréal.
- 2006: Exclusive partnership with Nelco USA for the Canadian region.
- 2006: Supply and installation of 12 radiation shielded doors (Linac) and supply of shielding for hospital cancer centres.
- 2006: Beginning of biomedical infrastructure design and construction activities.
- 2008: ISO 9001 certification.
- 2012: “Preferred” partnership with Siemens Canada.
- 2013: Acquisition of SDI USA and all operations transferred to Quebec.
- 2014: Design and installation of 14 of the 18 MRI rooms in Montreal (CHUM, MUHC and CHUSJ).
- 2016: Complete redevelopment of the radiology department at the Peterborough Regional Health Centre.
- 2017: Exclusive partnership with PDC Facilities for distribution in Canada.
- 2019: Exclusive partnership with Sentient Suites for the Canadian region.
- 2019: Design and installation of the first 7T whole-body MRI machine in Canada at the Montreal Neurological Institute.
- 2020: Design and construction of the first diagnostic laboratory at the Hôpital du Sacré-Coeur de Montréal.